IT, IP, MEDIA & NEW TECH
Who are our Clients?
KG Legal, as a Polish law firm, helps to advance business objectives of Internet and e-commerce companies, Internet service providers, application service providers, TCP/IP-based hardware and software developers, search engines and portals, content companies as well as companies selling goods and services over the Web.
- Legal assistance on drafting and negotiating software agreements;
- Providing legal support for internet-based activities under Polish law;
- Legal support in Internet access services and maintenance of websites;
- Legal assistance in respect of website and online services development and review, hosted services, digital media and multimedia offerings;
- Counselling on violation of intellectual property rights;
- Legal support regarding content licensing, software licensing, privacy and security, trademarks and domain names;
- Comprehensive legal support in transactions connected with cloud computing;
- Legal support in data room projects.
- Comprehensive legal assistance in e-commerce activities in Poland;
- Advising on click-through and Web-wrap agreements under Polish law;
- Providing counselling on user agreements and terms of service as well as Web hosting agreements in Poland;
- Legal support in respect of privacy policies and related disclosures;
- Recommendations on most suitable legal structures for online payments;
- Legal assistance in meeting the requirements of online marketing under Polish law;
- Legal assistance in regulatory requirements under Polish law.
Counselling in software patenting :
- Legal counselling on the basis of the Polish intellectual property law and Polish industrial property law;
- Legal assistance in patent registration in EPO (European Patent Office);
- Legal support in respect of proceedings before the President of the Polish Patent Office;
- Representing Clients before Polish administrative authorities and Polish administrative courts (Provincial Administrative Court and the Polish Supreme Administrative Court);
- Legal support in litigation in Poland in respect of copyright infringement.
Personal data protection and data security:
- Drafting memoranda on personal data protection and data security under Polish law;
- Legal support with international transfers of personal data under Polish jurisdiction, including the use of Model Contract Clauses;
- Legal assistance in data sharing and exploitation, also in regulated industries and healthcare and pharmaceutical sector;
- Representing Clients in proceedings before the Inspector General for the Personal Data Protection (GIODO);
- Representing Clients before national regulatory and administrative authorities.
Health Tech / Digital health
- Providing legal assistance in software development and exploitation contracts in health tech;
- Legal assistance in cloud service contracts;
- Advising companies and investors in health tech in Poland;
- Legal support in comprehensive regulatory matters, including the advice on qualifying a product as a medical device;
- Legal counselling on data processing in health tech projects;
- Comprehensive legal support in outsourcing contracts in digital health.
Fintech (Financial Technology):
- Legal support in a number of areas related to innovations in financial services;
- Advising on B2B, B2C and C2C interactions;
- Legal support in regulatory issues related to Fintech sector and investment tools under Polish law;
- Legal assistance in transactions and relations involving peer-to-peer, digital currency, mobile and online payments;
- Advising on legal issues related to alternative lending and blockchain technology.
Media, Communication and Advertising:
- Advising publishers of internet services, including foreign publishers on the basis of Polish press law;
- Legal assistance in respect of Web advertising compliance;
- Legal support on distribution systems;
- Drafting and reviewing distribution agreements;
- Representing telecommunications and wireless clients in commercial transactions service and technology providers;
- Counselling on the basis of Directive 2002/21/EC on a common regulatory framework for electronic communications networks and services.
- Comprehensive legal assistance in respect of tailored-made software development for cross-disciplinary projects, including healthcare and biotechnology;
- Legal assistance in cross border contracts with Polish software developers in projects connected with developing biomedical data analysis software;
- Legal support in negotiating terms and conditions of contracts in BIO-IT projects with Polish contractors and service providers;
- Comprehensive legal assistance in biotechnology software licensing.